Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kyle the gardner.

I read a few of Kyle's blogs but the one that I wanted to blog about is his gardening blog. First of all, the fact that he took the time to actually plant a garden and watch it grow just amazes me. he is a college student, who has classes himself, and teaches another class...and somehow he manages to find time to have a garden!??! That right there just amazes me. His variety of vegetables also tells me that he took time into thinking about what he wants to grow. I can easily tell that he is proud of his vegetables by talking about them in all the descriptive words he uses.
Also the plain fact that he notices these caterpillars on the parsley and gladly admits that he watches them get chubbier every day, and he lets them eat the parsley since he does not is also awesome. At least someone eats it. I just feel like I should warn him that these caterpillars favor those delicious looking tomatoes the most, so hopefully he watches out for them.

Even though he has named this blog gardening and talks about it throughout the blog, at the bottom he talks about monsoon season. This is my favorite part. Everything that he says about it besides the skunks is where I agree. I would have to say it is also my favorite season, and I do not think that I would ever appreciate rain as much as I do now. I grew up in this state my entire life, so I know how he feels...and makes me wonder if he also has grown up here too?? I just do not think that this wonderful season can be expressed in any other way.

4 comments:

Elise said...

I know what you mean about monsoon season i loved to watch it. the smell was m favorite part right before it rained and then right after it stopped. I admire his love for gardening because i dont think i would ever have the patience to do something like that.

April said...

I never knew anyone could be that passoniate about gardening. Also I agree with you so much about having time as a college student to gardening. I don't even have time to clean my room.

Andy PDT Deinert 189 said...

Well that guy must find some miracle to balance his schedule and at least if you were able to go on and have garden in your room you wouldn't have to eat at the union any more

Renee said...

Gardening in college I think is close to unheard of. I would love to know how he is able to manage his time holding such an extensive blog, gardening, teaching and going to class